Same-Day Dental Crowns
Dental crowns help restore damaged, cracked, or broken teeth by rebuilding their natural size and shape. CEREC® (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction) Same-Day Crowns allow Dr. Trejo to plan, create, and insert an individual ceramic crown during your first (and only) appointment. CEREC® provides the luxury of being in and out of our office in one visit, complete with a new, all-ceramic crown and a restored smile.
Six Great Benefits of CEREC
- Quick—Crafting and placing your crown in only one visit is not an exaggeration. All in a day’s work, we’ll take a digital impression of your tooth and send it to our in-office CEREC machine, which immediately designs a dental crown and delivers it to our milling machine. Once your replacement crown is ready, we’ll place it on your existing tooth, make any necessary adjustments, and send you on your way!
- Convenient—CEREC crowns look as nice and natural as traditional crowns, yet they take a fraction of the time and effort to create and place. You don’t have to wait days or weeks for your crowns to be made, eliminating the burden of multiple-visit scheduling.
- Reliable—Over 20 years of clinical research and practical experience to support its success, the CEREC single visit approach has been used to preform more than eight million restorations worldwide. Dr. Trejo uses the latest ceramic material to match the natural color of your teeth as he implements the advanced CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing) system: a camera, computer and milling machine.
- Precise—Dr. Trejo uses a special camera to take accurate impressions of your damaged tooth. The pictures are transferred and displayed on a color computer monitor where we apply CAD technology to design the restoration. The CAM instantly creates a flawless restoration for your tooth.
- Comfortable—Since the CEREC approach is done in one appointment, only one numbing process and one placement process is needed. This requires fewer injections than the placement of traditional crowns. What’s more, CEREC patients are not sent home with a temporary crown, thus removing any possibility of discomfort that can result from leaving the tooth vulnerable. Additionally, CEREC technology makes it possible for us to preserve more of your original tooth, unlike traditional crown methods, which require the majority of your tooth be removed. Our patients find that less drilling is quite thrilling.
- Durable—Do not for a second thing that less time means less quality. In fact, CEREC crowns are made of an advanced ceramic composite that contains alumina – its variants being sapphire and ruby – which ranks just under diamonds on the hardness scale. In the constructing of your replacement tooth, alumina is softened by blending with other ingredients, giving it a translucency that looks like your natural enamel, and a durability that lasts a lifetime yet isn’t so hard that it wears away your natural neighboring teeth.
How does CEREC compare to other restorative materials?
|CEREC||AMALGAM||COMPOSITE||PORCELAIN FUSED TO METAL||LAB-FABRICATED CERAMIC|
|NO IMPRESSION MATERIALS||YES||YES||YES||NO||NO|
|LOOKS & FEELS LIKE REAL TEETH||YES||NO||NO||MAYBE||MAYBE|
|SAVES NATURAL TOOTH STRUCTURE||YES||NO||NO||NO||MAYBE|
|RESTORES TO ORIGINAL STRENGTH||YES||NO||NO||MAYBE||MAYBE|
Fast, convenient, and long lasting, CEREC Same-Day Dental Crowns have proven to be a game changer when it comes to saving smiles and restoring in a hurry. We guarantee a comfortable fit and natural look as we customize your crown in just one day.